NY Advanced Sheep Shearing School
Time & Location
About the Event
Dates: Friday, December 11 & Saturday December 12, 2020
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Myron Freed Farm | 405 Summit Hill Rd, Jordanville, NY 13361
Requirements: Must be able to shear 25 head per day prior to this course.
Instructor: Doug Rathke
Are you looking to improve your sheep shearing skills? This advanced course will help you become more proficient in shearing. You will learn how to improve your pattern to make it easier to shear more sheep in less time, how to improve your footwork and other inside shearer tips, how to properly prepare your combs and cutters so they work better, and much more. To qualify for this school, you must already be able to shear at least 25 sheep per day.
What you will learn:
- Preparing for shearing
- Understanding & appreciation of shearing gear
- Selecting combs & cutters
- Setting up a hand piece
- Setting up the shearing work area
- Learning the ins and outs of the shearing pattern and footwork
- Learning how to properly sharpen your tools
- Modifying the shearing pattern for different types of sheep
Students must have their own sheep shearing equipment as this is a hands-on school. Questions about equipment? Doug can help guide you.
Max of 12 students.
Doug also offers private sessions. E-mail email@example.com for more details on the one-on-one instruction and scheduling.
- Pay by Check ($200)$0$00$0
- Pay by Credit$210$2100$0