MN Sheep Shearing School
Time & Location
About the event
Dates: Friday-Saturday, November 20th & 21st, 2020
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This 2-day sheep shearing school is great for beginners and for those who want to improve their current shearing skills. Doug Rathke, a seasoned shearer, knows what it takes to learn the art of shearing and he knows what it takes to teach it on a level so it can be understood and retained. Whether you are a beginner or a more advanced shearer, there is something for everyone to learn.
This class will give you the confidence to start shearing your own flock or take it to the next level and earn income by shearing for others.
What you will learn:
- Preparing for shearing
- Understanding & appreciation of shearing gear
- Selecting combs & cutters
- Setting up a hand piece
- Setting up the shearing work area
- Learning the basic shearing pattern and footwork
- Learning how to properly sharpen your tools
- Modifying the shearing pattern for different types of sheep
Students must have their own sheep shearing equipment as this is a hands-on school. Questions about equipment? Doug can help guide you.
Price includes lunch & snacks.
Doug also offers private sessions. E-mail email@example.com for more details on the one-on-one instruction and scheduling.
- Pay by Check$0$00$0
- Pay by a Credit Card$350$3500$0