Herbal Medicine Studies
Time & Location
About the Event
This class is specifically designed for those who have completed the “Become A Home Herbalist” Level 1 & 2 “Advanced Home Herbalist” (or equivalent). In this 4-class series, you will elevate your herbal knowledge and skills even more. This course is a 10-hour advanced training divided into 4 classes.
We will explore the complexity of herbal medicine to expand your knowledge to help others. You will learn from Herbal Practitioner, Connie Karstens, about firsthand client-based case studies that will include a diversity of ailments and body clues including constitutions, tissue states, tongue analysis, symptoms and other holistic approaches to balancing the body. This series will help you gain further skills, herbal wisdom and confidence.
2020 Class Dates:
- Thursday, May 7 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, May 21 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, June 4 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Thursday, June 11 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Pre-requisites: Become A Home Herbalist & Advanced Home Herbalist or equivalent.
Course Goal: You will develop a knowledge base of herbalism and be able to apply that knowledge by informing and assisting yourself and others.
Class One - Thursday, May 7 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Herbal Medicine Tissue State Review
- Herbal Latin Names to Study
- Initial Intake Essentials
- Exploring Intermediate Level Herbs
Class Two - Thursday, May 21 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Foundations of Pulse Testing
- How to Use Herbal Teas Medicinally
- Case Studies on Digestive Issues
- Case Studies on Skin Conditions
Class Three - Thursday, June 4 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Herb Contraindications (Pregnancy, Lactation, Chemical Sensitivities, & Drugs)
- Practical Strategies (How to approach herbal medicine to others)
- Adding to your Materia Medica
- Case Studies on Anxiety, Stress, Fatigue, Depression, Sleep Issues
Class Four - Thursday, June 11 @ 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Case Studies on Autoimmune Disorders
- How to Mix & Create Custom Formulas
- AHG Codes of Ethics
Certificate of Completion awarded.
Program Cost: $350 (check or cash only), due 5/1/20. Additional $10 for credit card payments.
- Pay with cash or check$0$00$0
- Pay by Credit Card$360$3600$0