Become A Home Herbalist 2022
Time & Location
About the event
Learn how to create your own herbal products for yourself and your family. Herbalist & Holistic Health Educator, Connie Karstens, MS will instruct a nine-month intensive program that will empower you, with knowledge and confidence, to become your own herbalist. This series of classes take you through the seasons, so you can prepare an entire apothecary of safe, gentle, and effective herbal products.
This program will include a solid foundation for plant identification, wild food foraging, numerous preparation techniques, and knowledge on proper usage. By the end of the class, not only will you have stocked your own botanical pharmacy, but you will know and understand how and why to use the herbal preparations that you have created. Now more than ever it is important to learn these skills.
This is a rare opportunity for hands-on learning and gathering plants with a local herbal practitioner. Sign up today to become a part of this amazing program! Certificate of Completion awarded.
2022 Class Dates
The class includes a total of 14 classes. There are 10 Tuesday night classes from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm. May, June, July, and August have an extra Saturday class because of the abundance of plants to gather and make into preparations.
- Tuesday, March 15 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 12 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 26 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 10 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, May 21 | 9:00 am - noon
- Tuesday, June 14 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, June 25 | 9:00 am - noon
- Tuesday, July 12 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, July 23 | 9:00 am – noon
- Tuesday, August 9 | 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Saturday, August 20 | 9:00 am - noon
- Tuesday, September 6 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 11 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 15 | 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Please note: It is common for people to miss a class or two due to other commitments. So, we offer Office Hours once a month to catch up on missed material or if you need extra help on a topic. We are here for your success!
Class includes a FREE Making & Using Herbal Preparation Card Set!
What to expect:
This course is essential for those wanting to take charge of their own health and who have a desire to become informed, educated, and more independent.
The class will explore the historical roots of herbal medicine and will help you learn how to use botanical medicines for basic natural healthcare. The student will gain an understanding of simple herbal aids for many common ailments and first aid uses. This course will teach the basics of preparing herbal medicines in your own home. You will also learn about planning, planting, and using your very own medicine garden.
You will learn about the following over the 9 -month course:
· Fresh & Dried Tinctures
· Bark Tinctures
· Root Tinctures
· Medicinal Herbal Wines
· Medicinal Herbal Syrups
· Medicinal Herbal Teas
· Herbal Pastilles
· Herbal Lozenges
· Medicinal Vinegars
· Herbal Infused Honeys
· Herbal Oxymels
· Drying Herbs & Storing Herbs
· Freezing Herbs
· Make a “Green Jar”
· Oil Infusions
· Salves & Ointments and Formulas
· Herbal Hydrotherapy & Formulas
· Herbal Actions & Corresponding Herbs
· How to Put It All Together to Select
· Herbs for Common Aliments
· Using Herbs Safely
This course will require some independent work and research. Along with quizzes, presentations, and group collaboration, there will be a great deal of hands-on learning.
By the end of the class, you will have well over 50 herbal preparations for your own personal herbal pharmacy. Plus, the knowledge on how to safely and effectively use every preparation that you made.
As a bonus, you will become well-informed on how to wild forage with common plants in the local area. We will do much hands-on collecting of plants for medicine and food.
Also, a private Facebook group will be created for the class to ask questions and collaborate with each other. Open office hours will be held for those who have questions about the class material. These bonus opportunities are for students to gain the most out of this class.
Limited Space. The course will fill up, so register early.
5 Reasons to Take This Course:
- Hands-on-learning. There are a ton of herbal classes offered online but getting to know the plants in person will teach you so much more!
- This course will change your life. You will never look at weeds the same way again!
- Practical information to incorporate into your daily life. You will learn how to identify, collect, and prepare healing herbs.
- You will create your very own herbal apothecary. You will have the chance to make 50+ herbal preparations throughout this class!
- Get a FREE Making & Using Herbal Preparation Card Set. This tool will be a great reference throughout this course and beyond.
Level 1 Home Herbalist Graduate Comments:
"I highly recommend this class. So much useful information. Connie is a fabulous teacher! The information she teaches is life changing."
"I loved it all - so informative!"
"The instructor had so much enthusiasm, knowledge & even humor. I loved the opportunity to go to office hours to review info or if unable to attend a class. She made us all feel SMART!"
"I really enjoyed this course. I can't wait to grown my own herbal garden this year with everything I learned."
Program Instruction Cost: $50 deposit + $925 = $975 total. (check or cash)
· Additional $25 for credit card payments
Payment plan option - 3 payments of $325 (Due on: March 15, June 14, September 6)
- Home Herbalist 2022 Deposit$50$500$0
- Pay in Full by Check/Cash $975$0$00$0
- Pay in Full by Card$1,000$1,0000$0
- Payment Plan by Card ($325)$335$3350$0
- Payment Plan by Check ($325)$0$00$0